Federal Departments and Agencies Providing Business Support and Human Resources Assistance
Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada administers economic development programs that support the tourism industry on reserves, including the Aboriginal Cultural Tourism Experiences program and Aboriginal Marketing Strategy, in conjunction with the Canadian Tourism Commission.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada helps rural communities grow and remain strong, adaptable and vibrant, supporting industries such as wine and culinary tourism.
Canada Business is a collaborative arrangement among federal departments and agencies, provincial and territorial governments, and not-for-profit organizations that promotes entrepreneurship and innovation, and provides assistance through an organized network of service centres across Canada.
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada promotes skills development, labour market participation and inclusiveness, ensures labour market efficiency and funds the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council.
Industry Canada promotes tourism and small business development as part of its mandate to foster a fair, efficient and competitive marketplace, an innovative economy, a competitive industry, and sustainable communities. It leads the development and implementation of Canada's Federal Tourism Strategy.
- The Business Development Bank of Canada, a member of the Industry Portfolio, provides Canadian businesses with flexible financing, venture capital and affordable consulting service, including in the tourism sector.
- The Canadian Tourism Commission, another member of the Industry Portfolio, is Canada's national tourism marketing organization. It works with provincial, territorial, regional and municipal organizations and tourism industries to attract visitors to Canada. It leads marketing initiatives around the world.
- The Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario and FedNor are regional development agencies under Industry Canada.
- Marquee Tourism Events Program
- Industry Canada annually tracks the tourism investments made by federal departments and agencies. These include infrastructure and operating costs for federal attractions, national tourism marketing programs and economic development initiatives.
Regional development agencies work to foster economic development in specific regions of Canada. The agencies work to support a variety of industry sectors, including tourism, through targeted business development programs.
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
- Western Economic Diversification Canada
Rate this page
The content of this page was useful to me.
- Date modified: